Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thank you!

As I debriefed with Dr. Barnes, I was so grateful for the overwhelming welcome he received. That's important because you never get a second chance to make a first impression. I know that sounds a bit trite, but it is nevertheless true.

Jim shared with me that he was very impressed with the quality of Multnomah people; faculty, staff, administrators, and students. He was very appreciative of the gracious candor and generosity of time from all who were able to meet with him. I need to offer special thanks here to Denise Stone and Meghan Haugen who shouldered the bulk of supporting Jim during his visit.

I've been fortunate to touch base with a few on campus, including Quincy Robinson, Student Body President, and he shared with me that a number of students were praying with him regularly for the search. Ho like God to encourage his people to pray for us.

Please feel free to visit the new search page here: http://www.multnomah.edu/presidential-search/

And please check back weekly on the blog as we share the news we can with you!

Cheers,

Steve Mitchell
Search Committee Chair

No comments:

Post a Comment